Through this partnership, Zenni supported a cohort of students from local Chicago public schools by providing educational tools and materials to express themselves during a 10-week art program. .
Zenni ambassadors Coco and Breezy, premium eyewear designers who also host the kids’ TV show “Wonderama,” organized a final art showcase for the students on May 20. During the showcase, each student presented their work and shared what “the simple good” means to them. The students received encouraging words from Bulls legend Mickey Johnson, Chicago stitch artist Emma McKee, and Zenni’s own Michelle Ticknor on how to move forward sharing the simple good in their communities. Bulls player Alex Caruso and legend Ben Gordon joined Mickey on stage to hand out graduation certificates and ambassador pins. Zenni happily concluded the showcase by announcing its support of another cohort of TSG students to continue Framing the Future.
The showcase concluded with an inspiring video message below from Chicago Bulls player Coby White.
- 20 students graduated from the 10– week program as official Simple Good ambassadors
- 120 guests filled the United Center for the final Youth Art Showcase
- 4 Chicago artists invited to interact with students and their artwork in the gallery
- 3 Chicago Bulls ambassadors congratulated students on stage
- Each student received affirmation cards, Coco and Breezy frames, and VIP Zenni gift card
What the Simple Good means to:
- Coco & Breezy (Designers, Artists & DJs): “If things don’t go your way, how do you find the good in it, and find the lesson?”
- Coby White (Chicago Bulls): “My pride in life is being the same guy every day. Since I was a kid, I didn’t care about what people think about me, so you shouldn’t either. All that matters is you being yourself at the end of the day.”
- Attendees: “Being kind to myself and others,”, “To create change,”, “Being thankful for where I am today.”
We look forward to seeing these newly minted youth ambassadors spread the simple good around the world and supporting the next student cohort! Share what “The Simple Good” means to you by tagging #Zennigives #Thesimplegood.
Zenni was founded in 2003 with the simple mission to provide everyone with access to affordable prescription eyewear. Today, Zenni.com is one of the largest providers of online eyewear, offering quality frames and lenses for one-tenth of the price of optical retail. The company has sold nearly 50 million pairs of glasses since its inception. Zenni is the Official Eyewear Partner of the Chicago Bulls, the San Francisco 49ers, and the Boston Red Sox. The company also has ongoing partnerships with fashion designers and premium eyewear designers, including Coco + Breezy.
About Framing the Future
Zenni’s ongoing initiative to provide affordable eyewear and educate on the importance of eye health to the community, especially our youth. With key partners like the Chicago Bulls, we have revived Chicago Park District facilities and enhanced Chicago’s Park Kids After School Program, which serves thousands of kids each year. We’ve provided hundreds of vision screenings and eyewear at schools and community events.