In the world of eyewear, clarity is key. Your glasses are not just a visual aid; they’re an essential part of your daily life. To keep your vision sharp and frames gleaming, it’s crucial to know the art of maintaining and cleaning your eyeglasses. Join us on a journey through Zenni’s guide to ensure your eyewear stays crystal clear and ready for whatever life throws your way.
The Importance of Regular Cleaning:
Wearing glasses exposes them to a variety of elements, from fingerprints and dust to smudges and everyday debris. Regular cleaning not only maintains the aesthetic appeal of your eyewear but also contributes to optimal visual acuity. Zenni encourages users to make eyeglass cleaning a part of their daily routine for a consistently clear outlook.
Choosing the Right Cleaning Tools:
Zenni recommends using a microfiber cleaning cloth for gentle yet effective cleaning. Microfiber is designed to lift away dirt and oil without scratching your lenses. Avoid using tissues, paper towels, or clothing, as they may contain abrasive materials that can damage your eyeglasses over time.
The Correct Cleaning Technique:
Maintaining the clarity of your eyeglasses doesn’t need to be a laborious or tedious endeavor. Here’s a swift and efficient method to clean your lenses correctly, minimizing the risk of accidental scratches or damage. For those who are often on the move, Zenni provides a convenient Wash & Dry kit featuring a compact lens spray and a mini microfiber cloth.
- Place your glasses in the sink and run them under a gentle stream of warm water. Avoid very hot water since it can damage the lens coatings.
- Add one drop of mild soap without moisturizers to the tips of your fingers.
- Lather the soap on each side of the lenses. Rub all parts of the frame for a few seconds, including the nose pads, ends of the temples, and the edge of the lens where it meets the frame, since skin oils and dust tend to hide in small crevasses.
- Set your glasses aside and wash your hands to remove excess soap. This will ensure oils from your fingers won’t end up on your lenses during the rinsing process.
- Rinse your glasses under warm water. Continue rinsing until all visible film is gone. Again, make sure to avoid very hot water so that you don’t damage the lens coatings.
- Shake your glasses to remove the excess water. There’s no need to over-dry them.
- Pass a clean cloth over the edges of your frames to remove any remaining moisture. Your new Zennis come with a microfiber cloth designed for this purpose. You should use the cloth to remove any remaining smudges. (You can also use a cloth that has not been laundered with fabric softener or a dryer sheet.)
Protecting your eyeglasses when they’re not in use is as important as cleaning them. Zenni suggests storing your glasses in a clean, sturdy case to shield them from scratches, dust, and accidental damage. Always place your glasses with the lenses facing upward to avoid potential scratches.
Zenni Optical believes that maintaining and cleaning your eyeglasses is an art that enhances the longevity and performance of your eyewear. By incorporating these simple practices into your routine, you not only ensure a clear and comfortable vision but also extend the life of your favorite frames. Elevate your eyewear experience with Zenni’s guide to crystal-clear glasses – because every detail matters when it comes to your vision.
About the Author: Dr. Alyssa Buchanan
Dr. Alyssa Buchanan is an optometrist based in Lubbock, Texas. She received her doctorate from Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, California, and has practiced in various settings including Fort Cavazos where she provided eye care for deploying soldiers. Dr. Buchanan has since received her Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration and continues to strive to provide top-notch eyecare and make a meaningful impact in the eyecare industry.