Winter is here again, and for those of us with glasses, it’s not just about bundling up for the cold; it’s also dealing with the annoyance of foggy glasses. Every time you sip hot tea, step indoors, or wear a mask, your glasses fog up, obstructing your vision and causing frustration, not to mention safety concerns.
Why Do Glasses Fog Up?
Glasses fog up because of the significant temperature difference during winter. When the cold lenses encounter warm, moist air, condensation quickly forms, creating tiny droplets on the surface and causing the lenses to fog. Similarly, when you wear a mask, your breath can create a foggy barrier on your glasses. Even if you wipe them repeatedly, the fog persists.
How to Prevent Glasses from Fogging Up?
You may have come across various DIY solutions online, like using soapy water or shaving cream to clear your lenses. While these tricks offer temporary relief, they don’t address the root problem. To tackle foggy glasses effectively, it’s crucial to understand the science behind anti-fog solutions.
Zenni Anti-Fog Glasses:
Zenni’s anti-fog lenses feature a special dual-layer coating. They not only prevent fogging but also reduce glare from the surroundings, improving clarity. Each pair of anti-fog glasses comes with a dedicated lens cloth that can activate the anti-fog effect. Simply wiping your glasses with this cloth will keep them fog-free for hours. These glasses are particularly beneficial for those who wear masks, engage in sports, or cook in the kitchen. Medical professionals and anyone requiring both masks and protective eyewear will find these glasses indispensable.
Why Choose Zenni Anti-Fog Lenses Over Other Solutions?
While you can find inexpensive anti-fog cloths or sprays on the market, Zenni’s anti-fog lenses have distinct advantages. They offer longer-lasting anti-fog protection compared to cloths and are more environmentally friendly than sprays.
How to Order Zenni Anti-Fog Glasses:
- Choose your preferred frame style and lens type on the Zenni website.
- Add the Anti-Fog and Anti-Reflective coating for just $12.95. Most Zenni lenses, including Blokz® blue-light-blocking lenses and durable Trivex lenses, can be equipped with this anti-fog coating.
For a fraction of the cost you’d pay elsewhere (some retailers charge up to $150), you can enjoy clear vision throughout the winter, free from foggy disturbances.
Tips for Using Zenni Anti-Fog Lenses:
- Always use the provided anti-fog lens cloth.
- Do not clean the anti-fog cloth; store it in a sealed bag to prevent it from drying out.
How to Clean Zenni Anti-Fog Lenses:
- Use a lens cleaner made for lenses with anti reflective coatings and spray both sides of each lens liberally. a lens cloth wiping in one direction to remove any dust or debris, keeping them scratch-free.
- Use a regular lens cloth and wipe in one direction to remove any dust, dirt, or debris. Make sure the lenses are completely dry.
- Wipe the outer surface with the dedicated anti-fog cloth firmly 10 – 15 times. If the anti-fog effect isn’t immediately apparent, breathe on the lenses and then wipe again for optimal results.
Zenni Anti-Fog Lens Wipes:
Additionally, Zenni offers convenient anti-fog lens wipes. If you prefer not to replace your eyeglasses, these wipes are an excellent choice. Simply open a wipe and gently clean your lenses to activate the anti-fog effect. Each box contains 80 individual wipes, making them easy to carry and ideal for on-the-go and emergency use.
Don’t let foggy glasses cloud your vision this winter. Zenni’s anti-fog lenses and wipes are affordable, effective solutions to ensure clear, hassle-free sight. Order your Zenni Anti-Fog Glasses today and enjoy the benefits of fog-free eyewear all season long.
About the Author: Dr. Steven Lee
Dr. Steven Lee is a visionary leader in the eye care and telemedicine sectors and has built a remarkable career by combining his formal training in eye care, engineering expertise, and a passion for innovation. Dr. Lee serves as Zenni’s the Head of Optical Product.