ZENNI OPTICAL REFER-A-FRIEND PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ELIGIBILITY: The Zenni Optical Refer-A-Friend Promotion (“Promotion”) is open to all Zenni Optical customers who are at least the age of majority (“Customers”). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, its licensors and the legal, promotion and advertising agencies (“Promotion Entities”) are not eligible. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR: Zenni Optical, Inc.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Introduce a friend to the wonderful world of Zenni and you will earn $5 to spend at www.zennioptical.com within twelve (12) months, when that friend orders his or her first pair of glasses while the promotion is still in progress! In order for you to receive a referral credit for inviting a new Customer through the Promotion (“Referral”):
- Go to the Refer-a-Friend landing page located at http://www.zennioptical.com/refer-a-friend.
- Enter your email address and name to sign in.
- Once you’ve signed up, you will be given a personal referral link, and have the option to share the Promotion with your friends.
- You may enter the email addresses of your friends directly into the referral site.
- You may also share your personal referral link on social media sites, or by sending the link to your friends via email. You will receive a Thank You message after sharing. Your friend will see your share either on Facebook, Twitter or email corresponding to the method you chose to share.
- Your friend will receive a one-time $5.00 coupon code that s/he must use at checkout in order for you to receive your reward.
- Once your friend makes a purchase, you will receive an email letting you know how to claim your $5.00 reward. You will receive a referral credit within 30 days after a referred Customer, in accordance with these terms, makes a purchase. Referral credits can be redeemed only on the Zenni Optical website (“Website”), are valid for one-time use only, and are non-refundable.
CONDITIONS: These Promotion Terms and Conditions are in addition to the Conditions of Use, to which you agree by using the Website. To the extent the Conditions of Use are inconsistent with these terms, these terms will control with respect to the Refer-a-Friend Promotion only.
These referral credits are distinct from gift certificates for which money has been paid, are not redeemable for cash and expire in 12 months if not used. The Refer a Friend Program may be terminated at any time, but credits accrued prior to the end of the Program may be used until they expire.
You will not receive credit for a referral if your referred customer does not use the link you provided, or enter the relevant code at check out. You will not receive credit for a referral if your referred customer uses the link or code from another referror. You will not receive a credit if the Promotion has ended; however, you will retain your credit after the end of the Promotion if the credit has not expired.
If you use the referral credit to purchase a returnable item and you return that item, the referral credit used to pay for the item will be deducted from the total amount of your refund. In no event will you receive a refund for more than you paid. Credits for returned items may not be reused.
Referral credits may not be available for everything in Zenni’s inventory. Zenni may specify certain products that are ineligible for payment using referral credit from time to time.
Referral credits are issued to the referring email address at Sponsor’s discretion and cannot be transferred, bartered, or sold. Only one $5.00 credit per purchase. Credits may not be combined in a single transaction. Maximum referral credit per transaction is $5.00. May be used with sale items, but may not be used with other coupon codes.
Participation in the Promotion requires you to submit information about yourself such as your name and email address. You agree to receive communications from Sponsor relating to your participation in the Promotion Any information collected from you as part of the Promotion will be subject to Sponsor’s Privacy Notice. . Sponsor uses reasonable commercial efforts to comply with Federal CAN-SPAM guidelines, and Program participants and their referred friends may subsequently opt-out of receiving further emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in any email communications received.
We may at our sole discretion, remove or void your credits; terminate your eligibility to earn credits, or terminate your account or the accounts of your referred friends if we determine in our sole discretion that you or your referred friends are undermining the Program by:
- opening multiple accounts, including with different email addresses, for the same person in order to generate additional credits;
- referring new Customers using spam, inappropriate emails, links on social media platforms in violation of the social platform’s rules, message boards or forums, or any method Zenni deems to be an unfair referral process;
- using false names, impersonating other people, or otherwise providing false or misleading information to us;
- offering any incentive to others to register new accounts;
- violating these terms or any other of the Websites' terms and conditions in any way;
- participating in the Program where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulations;
- engaging in any activity that is intended to compromise the fair play of the Program or “game” the system in any way.
- GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: If for any reason a Referral is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another Referral in the same Promotion during the Promotion Period. You agree that the Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to your computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen entries or notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the Referral process or the operation of the Promotion or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Referrals from all eligible, non-suspect Referrals received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- DISPUTES: Disputes regarding these Terms and Conditions and/or this Promotion will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any Referral, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
© 2019 Zenni Optical, Inc. All rights reserved.